Re: How do you make a big seat smaller?

• BIGADS
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #657 by BIGADS

I didnt use foam but instead use the anti slip mats used generally in the shower floor. I cut 1 rectangular piece for each side (4.5x2.5) of the seat and used, 3m double sided permanent tape. I now fit snugly in my seat, definitely less movement on my hip to stabilize. I can now paddle longer due to better balance and less bracing. I wish I found out about this before my my skwoosh which is now in my car seat! The anti slip mat material also pushes on my glutes which is somewhat soothing while paddling.

Any chance of posting a pic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #658 by rojo
Hi,
a lot of pictures, including seat modifications can be found on Huki's website: www.huki.com/store/index.php?main_page=innovations

cheers

Rolf

More
16 years 8 months ago #659 by Trilobite
Just installed the Epic 'pouches' on a V10 Sport a few weeks back. Positives would include being able to add layers of foam to build out your desired thickness (and potentially remove layers when gaining 'holiday' weight, and if you use industrial Velcro in lieu of just sticking them on with the factory applied adhesive strips, you could remove them entirely for washing? Negative might be the layers of foam shift a bit inside the spandex pouch, unlike solid foam. In any event, the boat owners says they make a world of difference in boat control-no more sliding around in the well while still allowing for torso rotation.

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

More
16 years 7 months ago #660 by stallion09
Mark,

Just curious how is the install? Glue or tape?

Thanks

My surfski blog

ct-surfski.blogspot.com/

More
16 years 7 months ago #661 by stallion09
FYI,

I made some quick and dirty hip pads for the V10. Check out my blog for pics

Thanks

My surfski blog

ct-surfski.blogspot.com/

More
16 years 7 months ago #662 by MFB

I didnt use foam but instead use the anti slip mats used generally in the shower floor. I cut 1 rectangular piece for each side (4.5x2.5) of the seat and used, 3m double sided permanent tape. I now fit snugly in my seat, definitely less movement on my hip to stabilize. I can now paddle longer due to better balance and less bracing. I wish I found out about this before my my skwoosh which is now in my car seat! The anti slip mat material also pushes on my glutes which is somewhat soothing while paddling.

Any chance of posting a pic?

It's similar to what they did with the epic v10L. However, removed mine already since I upgraded to the Lincke seat pad system. The seat pad for the bum and back gives me sufficient contact providing the perfect comfortable fit.

More
16 years 7 months ago #663 by cjborg
What is the "Lincke seat pad system" and where can I find out more about it?

I'm beginning to wonder whether I am sliding too much in the seat of my Mako XT. I moved the foot block closer one notch to allow me to wedge myself into the boat more solidly with leg pressure, but perhaps the better solution is to make the seat snug. How does one tell whether the he needs seat pads?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

More
16 years 7 months ago #664 by MFB

Latest Forum Topics