How to securely store Surf Ski

More
1 year 2 months ago #40283 by apey75
Hey gang,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to securely store a surf ski in an apartment basement car park?

Unfortunately that is my only storage option and I am kind of limited to the narrow space between the garage wall and my car (photo attached).

Couple of ideas that I had:
- Two pieces of chain, each looped around nose / tail of the ski, and anchored to concrete near the centre of the ski. Sorry, not sure if I'm describing this properly - hopefully it makes some sense.
- Build a long/narrow box out of wood to store the ski in.

Does anyone have any more practical solutions for securing a ski?

Thanks.

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #40284 by waverider

Hey gang,
Does anyone have any ideas on how to securely store a surf ski in an apartment basement car park?
Unfortunately that is my only storage option and I am kind of limited to the narrow space between the garage wall and my car (photo attached).
Couple of ideas that I had:
- Two pieces of chain, each looped around nose / tail of the ski, and anchored to concrete near the centre of the ski. Sorry, not sure if I'm describing this properly - hopefully it makes some sense.
- Build a long/narrow box out of wood to store the ski in.
Does anyone have any more practical solutions for securing a ski?
Thanks.
What you are describing is a bridle or lasso locking system. This is an existing system used to lock to roof bars where the two loops are connected with another length running under roof bars. In this instance the interconnecting chain/cable can be used to loop around a convenient structure, if there is one, rather than having to install 2 strategically placed wall anchors, which may or may not be possible
paddlesportsmegastore.com.au/product/har...e-sit-inside-kayaks/
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by waverider.
The following user(s) said Thank You: apey75

More
1 year 2 months ago #40285 by apey75
That's exactly what I was thinking of. I was planning to fashion it out of loop ended braided steel cable and a bike d-lock, but the product you linked is ready-built.

Thank you!

Latest Forum Topics