Fixing race number holder to Stellat Ski

More
5 years 10 months ago #31600 by 1932023550378760@facebook
What are way of permanently fixing a race number holder to a ski? It came with nut and bolt for a Kayak that for obvious reasons won't work with a ski. Glue and screw? Is any type of screw recommended and/or glue?

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #31621 by RedBack
I've just used outdoor double-sided foam mounting tape, - (the same stuff they use for mounting badges on cars) for both skis and K1s. Available from Bunnings or auto accessory shops.

Once mounted, it won't come off unless you want it to - and even then you'll need to use dental floss and alcohol to remove it.

More
5 years 10 months ago #31631 by seajak
I use a number holder with two suction cups that I bought online from ProKayaks in Narrabeen. However, many of the skis in the Pacific Coast Paddle Series use a piece of pool noodle cut in half longitudinally. The flat side goes on the deck and a slot is cut in the curved side for the number. Sometimes duct tape is used to make sure the number stays put and the noodle is held in place by the deck rigging. Because the Stellars have such a high peaked foredeck I have seen blokes just tape the number to the side of the deck visible to the judges.

cheers,
clay

More
5 years 10 months ago #31639 by Dicko
5 minute epoxy. sand the deck and holder first. 5 minute epoxy melts at 65 degrees C so you use a heat gun to remove it....gently.

More
5 years 9 months ago #31731 by 1932023550378760@facebook
I opted for a strong double sided tape. Not sure Hercules could get it off. Time will tell though.

More
5 years 9 months ago #31753 by TaffyMick
Simple... Epoxy glue/resin.

Cheers,
Mick

Stellar SEI, Fenn Bluefin S, Sladecraft Comet Long Rec & Vajda K1
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics