anyone know where i can order hip pads in OZ

• sv607
  • Fenn SwordFish S,Stellar SR,Fenn XT
More
9 years 5 months ago #22458 by sv607
have a Stellar SR and would like to drop some hip pads in. i know there are Stellar ones. but the site here in OZ takes forever to reply back and still waiting on prices. i know can order them from usa and shipped here. am thinking of just getting the epic ones. as there adjustable i was hoping there might be a generic hip pad that is for any surf ski. any help would be great..

thanks in advance

Paddle Smart. Come Home Alive :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #22495 by Kayaker Greg
Its easy enough to make you own, just need to get some foam from a foam supplier or even get a cheap foam mattress from a hunting/camping/hardware store, they are every where. Suggest you put some super tape over the top as the foam is quite grippy, the tape allows you to slide against them and keeps the foam from getting damaged, you can tape them in place until you are happy with the result then glue in place with Bostick Supertak (aerosol glue, great for things like this and can be removed and cleaned up easily).

Have a look at the hip pads in my Swordfish, they are just camping roll foam covered in tape and glued in place, quick and easy to make.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574551...&type=1&l=1be4e01fa1
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Kayaker Greg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sv607

More
9 years 5 months ago #22508 by J3ZZA
Clark Rubber in AUS sells Closed Cell foam of various grades and thicknesses. It is relatively expensive. They also however sell "Stadium Seats". for $8. I can tell you that one if these (Lt Blue / 20mm thick x 360 x 450 mm) will make 1 x full seat pad (carved and shaped for long marathons eg HCC) and 1 pair of hip pads which fit a Swordy. Even a bit left over. I fastened my ski pads in with decent 50mm wide Double Sided Tape and then Gaffa Tape over the top. Have been there for months now. Easy, light, neat. I was careful cutting them neatly with a new blade and placed them lightly until I was happy with the location. I still only just touch them (31" waist / 68kg) but they do give reassurance and better feel in cross chop on the Harbour etc. See pic of new Stadium Seat. Can carve, sand, shape, tape, glue etc. Dense yet flexible and doesn't retain water.

Current: Carbonology Vault, Carbonology Boost LV, Vajda Spirit K1
Previously: Fenn Swordfish, Sladecraft Sonic, Older K1, Elliott Vindicator, Elliott Marauder,
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sv607

Latest Forum Topics