Which paddle?

More
9 years 5 months ago #22037 by Davidw
Which paddle? was created by Davidw
I am looking at getting a Lettman 1 type paddle as I believe that this type of parallel blade may relieve my niggling shoulder pain due to the lower initial bite.

There are various versions available and I'd like to know what the differences are between the Fenn 1, Gara GP3, Orka Legend, and Knysna L1 particularly with regards to size and pull. I would assume they all have a similar feel in the water.
The Gara appears to be a bit more pricey and their website states that its a big blade (maybe like a Lettman 2?). Since I'm over 50 I'd guess that the blade that Hank uses would be to much for me, so probably down to the other 3 options.

I have used a Set Endorfin, Fenn 3, Epic mid wing, Brasca 4 (that was really too hard on my shoulders) and am currently paddling an Orka Inner which I am relatively happy with, I just want to protect my shoulders as bit more. I have an older glass (heavy!) Canoe Concepts Lettman 1 and it feels good in the water.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #22039 by bajax
Replied by bajax on topic Which paddle?
Try a Knysna Racing Junior a few seniors use them very easy on the body
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davidw

More
9 years 5 months ago #22045 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Which paddle?
Ouch! Senior, guess I'm still in denial.
I paddled with a Fenn 1 for years. Found it to be a bit to big a blade and unwieldy in the offshore conditions I paddle in. I switched to an Orka inner and haven't thought much about it since.
I'm 54, paddle for fitness and fun in the ocean. My shoulders are pretty well shot and the Orka seems quite user friendly for my situation.

Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davidw

Latest Forum Topics