Custom Kayaks Horizon - similar ski suggestions

More
11 years 4 months ago #14594 by lavaghman
Hi there

I'm fairly new to kayaking and have been training for a 13km ocean event that's coming up in a couple of weeks.

I have been using a Finn Endorphin and Finn Affinity. I've found the Affinity stable but slow and the Endorphin goes okay but is a little unstable at times!

Last night I went out in a Custom Kayaks Horizon (www.surfski.info/reviews/item/1117-surfs...-kayaks-horizon.html) and it was fantastic. Found it stable in the surf and fast. We did a skills session over and back across the surf and had no probs in the Horizon :)

I was looking to hire one of these skis for the event but can't find any available.

Would anyone be able to recommend a craft similar to this that might be more commonly available (I'm in Melbourne, Australia by the way).

Many Thanks for your help.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14599 by Ric
The most obvious one for me is the Fenn XT. Almost identical (although I prefer the Horizon).

Other than that, the Epic V8 is similar, but more stable, and possibly slower by a touch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lavaghman

More
11 years 4 months ago #14612 by lavaghman
Thanks for that Ric. That gives me a couple of more options! Appreciate it.

John

More
11 years 4 months ago #14618 by lavaghman
Okay can't get my hands on any of those but I have found these 3!:

Stealth Strika (Fenn XT equivalent I'm told)
Think Fit
Point 65 Xp18 Sea Kayak

Taking into account I'm still in the beginner phase and it could be choppy, any recommendations?

Thank you

More
11 years 4 months ago #14622 by STEEL
KNYSNA RACING are also building the GENiUS CLK which is for a similar paddler ability as the Horizon/ XT and if you looking for something Really Stable, try the GENiUS RS.
Some pics on KNYSNA RACING and GENiUS skis facebook page

Latest Forum Topics