Garmin Australia

More
11 years 7 months ago #12739 by Rightarmbad
Garmin Australia was created by Rightarmbad
Anybody managed to get anything more than a message and music out of the Garmin Australia's contact number recently?

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12741 by Metro
Replied by Metro on topic Re: Garmin Australia
Yup. Called them yesterday about a warranty on my Forerunner 210. Called at 11:30AM, maybe a 5 minute hold and then got a live person.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12744 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: Garmin Australia
I sent an email in the end.
Maybe I am just really bad at picking times.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 7 months ago #12866 by Rightarmbad
I have tried yet again, called, listened to the very distorted music and then put it on speaker when I got bored with holding the phone to my ear.
All I get is the occasional message saying that they are busy.

They answered my email, but said to call the same number to proceed.
Never ending circle.

• Rabubiman
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #12867 by Rabubiman
Replied by Rabubiman on topic Re: Garmin Australia
I have dealt with This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in NSW and they are very quick. Needed two replacements since purchasing my 310XT.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12868 by Rightarmbad
They have emailed me back saying that they do not take calls on Monday and the preceding weekend so Tuesday becomes super busy and recommend I call later in the week.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12905 by arminius
Replied by arminius on topic Re: Garmin Australia
I had a lot of issues with Garmin AU getting a repair and finally got the email address of a customer care manager - give him a poke: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Another perfect day in paradise. A bit of sun, a bit of rain and it's not even lunch time.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12912 by Rightarmbad
So I finally got through today.
I set the phone down on speaker and went about other business.

25 mins later I started to pen an email to them and half way through, I was finally connected to a human.
Almost 27 mins.

She was friendly enough, I have jumped the next hurdle in the system and hopefully all should be good.

But, I did finish my email and sent it off.
I don't really consider that length of time waiting is at all reasonable and I told them so.

Waiting for my next mobile bill now to see what it cost me......

More
11 years 6 months ago #13429 by Rightarmbad
And now to tidy up loose ends here.

I broke my Garmin 310XT by dropping it on the floor and cracking the screen.
It was in a towel and when I picked it up, well, disaster.

I put it away in a cupboard with some silica gel in the hope of one day sourcing a new screen for it, or maybe simply retiring it from use near water and use it on the MTB etc.
I then bought another the same for my surfski use.

But, after hearing of great outcomes in such cases here on surfski.info, I made contact and found out that they would replace my out of warranty admittedly broken watch.

A fixed fee of $167 and they shipped me out a refurbished one with three month warranty.
(funnily enough, it turned up before the email to say that it would be arriving)

How bloody good is that!
No wonder they are recognised world over for excellent customer service.

Stoked for the better than expected service, I promptly bought another one off them, an edge 500 for my bike.

Feeling all warm and fuzzy that a purchase from this company will never be a downer.

The do need more resources in the Australian phone department though.
At least it is not outsourced to somebody speaking a language I can't understand :)

Latest Forum Topics