× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

Sore lower back on Fenn Swordfish

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #20205 by BELINDA777
Hi everyone, just wanted to quickly share this info with you.

I have been off paddling my Swordy for 2 weeks now due to an incredibly sore lower back and I have just found out what the cause WAS!!

Apparently the whole cause was my Psoas muscles! Below I have added a link which snapped it back into place, I'm so excited!! It seems a lot of back issues are from tight Psoas muscles (hip flexors).

I will be doing these videos all the time now as a preventive. Yay!!!

www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com...in-relief.html#Intro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #20219 by Ric
Interesting site - I keep looking for the catch where I have to send $20 to get the real tips, but it all seems above board.

Looks like Gary Crowley just wants to help people - here's hoping.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #20238 by BELINDA777
I thought the same Ric, but it's all legit and its helped me recover and will definitely help to prevent this happening in the future. 2 weeks off the water is killing me!
;)

• Sackwatt
  • Visitor
10 years 2 weeks ago #20252 by Sackwatt
Replied by Sackwatt on topic Sore lower back on Fenn Swordfish
Belinda your topic mentions the Swordfish does this particular ski cause you to get lower back pain?

More
9 years 10 months ago #21022 by BELINDA777
Hi sackwatt, sorry I didn't see your message sooner, for some reason I don't receive a notification when I receive a reply?

Yes, I think my lower back pain, caused by overusing my hip flexors may have something to do with my Swordy. I am 52 ks, so thinking it maybe too big? Ive only been paddling a ski for six months and don't want to get anything too tippy but whenever i finish a paddle now, my lower back and right hip are killing me until i release it.

Tried out the new epic V10L at Hamilton Island a few days ago and I think this might help. The days I tried the L, the water was fairly calm so i'm hoping to try agin out in some semi rough stuff to make sure. The seating position seems to be a bit different so hoping (fingers crossed) this is going to help!!

Any tips on this psoas/hip flexor drama would be much appreciated!

Latest Forum Topics