Shark Alert

More
16 years 7 months ago #849 by mckrouk
Shark Alert was created by mckrouk
I'm not particularly worried about sharks, but the head of the shark watch program in Cape Town has issued a press release to say that there is evidence that the great whites have left their winter feeding area around Seal Island and the chances of encountering one off the False Bay coast are now a little greater. See www.24.com/news/?p=tsa&i=641417

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #850 by Rouen
Replied by Rouen on topic Re: Shark Alert
Not that worried myself...

I heard there was some action in Plett, Friday afternoon I think, the " Robberg Express" paid Lookout beach a visit. A 8m Great White!!!!!!thats 2 m longer than a ski!!!!!!!!!!...... dis jou meer senior tipe vis

Saw what looked like a dead seal in Mosselbay this weekend,very close to the beach. Not neccesarily a shark snack( didnt go closer), but it does make you wonder........

More
16 years 7 months ago #851 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Shark Alert
There's a southeaster forecast on Saturday - anyone for a Millers Run?

I figure in noisy waves & if you're going fast downwind, sharks are not likely to notice you.

And no paddler has ever been seriously injured by a shark in South Africa - apart from the dude who attacked a shark in East London (he saw an angler struggling to land a fish & went to help... the shark was not pleased).

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 7 months ago #852 by deanjordaan
Replied by deanjordaan on topic Re: Shark Alert
I hear pink paddle blades interest them. :o

Latest Forum Topics