Pye Surfski Challenge (Aus)

More
14 years 9 months ago #3474 by [email protected]
This is an enquiry e-mail via www.surfski.info from:
Colin Smith <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Hi, I'm trying to find details of the pye Australian surf ski challenges held in the 1980's.
They were based on the PE/EL S. African race.
A four day endurace race, suposedly one mile longer than PE/EL
Can anyone point me in the direction of a web site?
Thank you, Colin.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3484 by Worthy
The Pye Challenge was organised by Murray Braund , Avoca Surf Club. He competed in the 1981 PE/EL and started a similar race in Australia. 5 races every 2 years from 1982 (Tony Scott SA , winner) to the last held in 1990. 260km 4 days from Foster to Sydney.
There were lots of TV footage from Wide World of Sports.

Hope that helps.
Worthy

More
14 years 6 months ago #3742 by Runs999
Don't think you'll find much on the net. I too did the first one in '82. We had 56 paddlers,approx 25 support/rescue people as well. First three days great northerly runs. Last day in Sydney Harbour, finished at Opera House. Have official group photo and souvenir results programme as well. Greg Bowditch

Latest Forum Topics