Seat padding?

More
14 years 8 months ago #3453 by wallace50
Seat padding? was created by wallace50
Does anybody use padding for their seatwells. Maybe bottom and back. I'm wondering where I could get get some. I did see some by Lincke kayak. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3454 by postal256
Replied by postal256 on topic Re:Seat padding?
I use padding made of minicel foam. One is .5" thick and another is 1". I use double sided tape so I can swap them out whenever I want/need. You can use contact cement to glue layers of 1/4 minicel together, which is what I did. I cut 2 circles out of the bottom layer that correspond to my 'sitbones'.

Only downside is minicel like this is inherently grippy.. meaning you might need to put a slick layer of tape or something over it if you like to be free in the seat. I use a plastic grocery bag to sit on.

here's some (I've not used this particular website.. just an example): www.closedcellfoams.com/minicel.html

More
14 years 8 months ago #3455 by YBA/Jim Murray
Replied by YBA/Jim Murray on topic Re:Seat padding?
closed cell foam in various thickness is sold cheaply, as a sleeping pad, everywhere at camper supply stores.
Neoprene used for dive suits works OK with cloth side up to reduce gripping.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #3459 by PeteCress
Replied by PeteCress on topic Re:Seat padding?
3/8" grey minicell.

Huki S1-R.

Up to 3 pads, layered together with that industrial-strength velcro tape they sell at Lowe's and Home Depo.

Fewer pads depending on how balance-challenged I am.

More pads (higher seating position) feel better on flat water.

No padding on the back of the set bc my experience is that if I'm leaning against the back, that's taking away from my stroke.

OTOH, on my WaveWitch, I'll have one or more back pads just to adjust my fore-aft trim.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by PeteCress.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3460 by kanukayakar
Replied by kanukayakar on topic Re:Seat padding?
Reference: " Hank MC Gregor - Man in motion" - Pippa his girlfriend holding Hank's surfski.What is on top of the padding- K1 modified seat or just more padding? More info, please!

More
14 years 8 months ago #3468 by CPYuHK
Replied by CPYuHK on topic Re:Seat padding?
just more padding.

Latest Forum Topics