Fenn two piece joiner

More
15 years 2 months ago #2958 by Madgus
Fenn two piece joiner was created by Madgus
Does anyone know where I can get a joiner for a Fenn paddle shaft? They seem to have a different internal diameter than most other paddles even though they measure the same externally.

I haven't had any joy finding one in Australia but thought maybe someone in South Africa or the States may stock them or know how to get hold of one.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2959 by owenfromwales
Hi,
If you`re desperate, two universal clips from a hardware store and a pice of plastic piping work great. Cut the tube to a reasonable length to spread the load and then use a saw to cut a line down through the length of it, that way it can tighten on the paddle shaft as you do the clips up.
If you want the paddle length to be longer than the minimum, then you might want to put another (narrower) plastic tube inside the split section - it will add strength and help to keep water out of the shaft.
It`s not pretty and the clips can cut your skin very easily in surf when your fingers are wet - but it works!
Owen

189cm 90~100kg
Present skis:
2017 Stellar SEI 2G
1993 Gaisford Spec Ski
1980s Pratt Spec Ski
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor
Previous
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor X 3
1987 Kevlar Chalupsky (Hummel) (Welsh copy!)
1988 Kevlar Double Chalupsky
1992 Hammerhead spec
2000 Fenn copy

More
15 years 2 months ago #2960 by YBA/Jim Murray
what about Fenn or dealer- don't they have?
What is shaft ID? You can buy anodized aluminum tube for joining paddle shafts from SRS in canada. It has OD of 26.6 mm (1" and 50). That worked for a Lendal shaft.
Surely most paddle suppliers must have something to do the job.
A time consuming alternative would be a carbon fiber tube made oversize and sanded to fit.
Hope this helps

More
15 years 2 months ago #2964 by Madgus
Replied by Madgus on topic Re:Fenn two piece joiner
I actually used a smart shaft joiner originally and had to sand the internal spigot to make it fit, the problem was it snapped. I have a new fenn 4 paddle with the right joiner for the shaft but I don't seem to be able to source the same joiner seperately.

I'm not really interested it doctoring something as the last time I did that I nearly died from hypothermia.

Surely they must be available as an after market spare part!

Latest Forum Topics