Napoli Surfski

• fitz
  • Fennix Swordfish S, Epic V10 Sport
More
1 year 10 months ago #39745 by fitz
Napoli Surfski was created by fitz
When I travel, I miss my exercise routine of three paddles a week. I also drink a lot more than normal, especially while in a country like Italy that has excellent wines. So 3 weeks ago, on a trip with my family, I was very lucky to find Napoli Surfski and go for a 16K paddle with Gabriele.

The scenery was fantastic with the city of Napoli (Naples) on one side and Mt. Vesuvius looming over the coast on the Sorrento side. Gabriele, who wins many of the local races, was great to paddle with and showed me many interesting sights along the shoreline; modern, medieval, Roman, and even earlier.

The conditions were calm with a little wind behind on the way out which then nicely switched 180 degrees for the return. The surfski, an Allwave RS600 is an Italian made intermediate ski with 45cm beam and really good primary stability. It seemed more stable than my Fennix Swordfish S with similar width which I paddle at home in Panama. The bucket was also more comfortable but I know that is very subjective.

So If you are ever in Naples and like to paddle surfskis, I highly recommend you contact Gabriele at Napoli Surfski.
The following user(s) said Thank You: balance_fit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics