Venturi/Scupper replacement for spirit prs 570

More
4 years 2 months ago #35962 by Matt13
Would anyone have any info/suggestions on replacing the scupper on a spirit prs 570 ski?
I cannot seem to find the manufacturer, can only assume they have closed down.
any info would be much appreciated 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36122 by Tupperware
Hi Matt 13. I understand Spirit has closed down, as you speculated. I reckon your best shot is to find a former Spirit dealer. If you're in Australia, I think the boat was most popular in WA, where it was manufactured, so an ex-dealer around Perth might be the go. I know my local ex-Spirit dealer (in Sydney), who carries a heap of brands, still has a (diminishing) drawer full of Spirit parts, including PRS ones., which I'm still relying on. The other thing you might check is whether the older venturi style for the non-Pro PRSs fits the Pros. It has the upside that it is more effective than the Pro one. 

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #38242 by Joerobbo
Did you have any luck getting a replacement? I’ve just picked up a secondhand PRS which is missing part of the Venturi/scupper and I’ve only been for a very quick paddle but I got extremely wet. 

More
2 years 2 months ago #39525 by Jonesiepaddle654
I also have a Spirit PRS with provision for a venturi "scupper" . I'm assuming I can get one of the people versed in polyethylene welding to be able to weld the bottom section onto the hull? That being the case, will any of them work or do you need a specific one? 
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics