Touring on a Surfski Falmouth to Kennack Sands

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20446 by Selkie
I spent a week down at my place in Cornwall UK and clocked up some paddle miles around the rugged coast. It will take me a while to sort all the photos, so I will post up one trip at a time.

Return paddle Swanpool to Kennack Sands 38.5 miles. I caught the tide and wind for a fast offshore ride to Kennack Sands and hand railed the return exploring the coves and caves.

The infamous Manacles Reef. A graveyard for ships and now a top dive destination in the UK

The Manacles

Time for a lunch break

The tragic wreck of the Ben Asdale in 1978. 11 men were lifted by helicopter in Force 10 weather...one of the most dangerous rescues in modern times. 3 crew decide to try and swim to Maenporth beach rather than wait any longer. All 3 drowned.

The Ben Asdale today. The wreck exposes at low tide.

Surfski Kayak on Facebook
www.facebook.com/groups/395803743862021
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Selkie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GlenRusky, antonsa, Kayaker Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #20447 by Spudnut72
I spent 12 months living and surfing in Cornwall in the late 90's. One of the most rugged yet beautiful coastlines in the world. Keep posting - it is motivating and brings back some great memories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Selkie

More
9 years 11 months ago #20449 by Selkie
Thanks. If it is of interest alongside the offshore downwind paddling, I will post up some trips.

More
9 years 11 months ago #20450 by Baldy-Old-Troll
Nice trip Selkie, shows off the versatility of your V8. You should stick those photos on UKRGB,it would show some of the doubters that skis are not just race boats.

Stuart.

More
9 years 11 months ago #20451 by Selkie

Baldy-Old-Troll wrote: Nice trip Selkie, shows off the versatility of your V8. You should stick those photos on UKRGB,it would show some of the doubters that skis are not just race boats.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. I was thinking of posting up there, but in the past that have not been that interested in skis, but you are right. Maybe some of these trips will show another side. We also have a team doing a charity paddling across the widest part of the Channel from Poole to the small Island of Alderney in June. Hence the need to clock up the miles in training :cheer:

Latest Forum Topics