Best way to lock my Epic ski to roof racks/car ?

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #17276 by TorquayPaddler
Looking to drive into work, paddle then leave my ski on the car during the day while Im at work.
Just wondering if anyone knows best method to secure the ski to the car so it doesnt go walkabout?

FYI my ski is an Epic V10 Sport.

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by TorquayPaddler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
10 years 10 months ago #17280 by sAsLEX
I use a bicycle lock through the roof racks and the carry handle.

If someone wants to take it I don't think there is anything practical to stop it as I know a knife will defeat the above. However it may slow an opportunist thief.

More
10 years 10 months ago #17281 by bunchie37
I do similar, but use a braided cable lock installed through the venturi and round the rack bars.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #17286 by jrmac

Kayaker Greg wrote: These are great.

www.ultimatesurf.co.nz/products-page/tie...e-tiedowns-4-0m13ft/

Yep as Greg indicates, the kanu locks are the business ...

www.kanulock.com/store_aust.html

I've had a set of the 2.4m ones and they have secured numerous spec or fenn skis for the last 5 + years with no issues or damage to skis. They have copped a beating :whistle:

Great customer service btw as I was speaking to them the other day to arrange a spare key (to replace the lost spare) & was told the locking system has improved with regards to less pressure on the buckle or key turn when locking. They also have a key id setup so you can get a new set if you were to lose both sets of keys :blush:

Last but not least they now also have a 3.3m set which are great if you cross over to the dark side on occasion & use a SUP or wider craft. The 2.4 m ones give me about 20cm free play on Rola roof racks & carriers depending on how I position the ski, etc. I'd err on getting 3.3m ones if i had to replace for added flexibility.

I'm not affiliated with Kanu or a seller just a very happy long term customer.

Skis: Fenn Spark & Elite S, Fenn LS spec ski, Epic V12-G2
Paddles: Gara GP2, Jantex Gamma Rio Small plus & Medium Minus
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by jrmac. Reason: photo attach

More
10 years 10 months ago #17303 by CoastPop
Not really answering your question, but plan B would be to insure it if not too pricey. My Fenn XT Glass Vacuum valued at R10 500 costs me R10 per month to insure. Just saying :)

Latest Forum Topics