Swordfish re Paddler weight and Ski weight

More
11 years 3 months ago #14876 by Savage
I am 68kg (150lb), I have only ever paddled two skis, a glass Swordfish and a carbon Swordfish. I only demoed the glass version for a quick paddle and I ended up buying a carbon version.

I did a bit of research prior to purchase and I understand the carbon boat is tippier than the glass version but a carbon version became avaliable so I grabbed it.

I am lucky enough to have some natural ability have now spent about 15 hours in the boat all up and can now paddle through the break, in chop and catch some swell but the ski still feels twitchy .

I have noticed lately that when the boat is swamped and I'm carrying a few kilos of water the ski seam much more stable.

Being that I have only paddled these two boats I have no real bench mark on how a boat is supposed to feel and if I am possibly too light for the carbon version.

My questions are,

Should I keep paddelin and improving my technique on the ski I have or start looking for something that sits in the water a bit more.

Is some sort of ballast an option?

Anyway thanks for all the info on this site and thanks for any feed back in advance..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #14881 by Kayaker Greg
15 hours? Keep paddling, and paddling, and paddling.... :blink:

More
11 years 3 months ago #14883 by Marieski
See all of my previous bitching on this topic.

But in your case, I 'm with Greg: get back to us after another 40-50 hours.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

Latest Forum Topics