Surfski whilst in Bali (Indonesia)

More
11 years 5 months ago #13974 by GlenRusky
Does anyone know if our crazy sport has made its way to Bali yet? Heading over for a two week break and would love to do some surfski paddling if I can. I am sure there will be kayaks available but more interested in the faster mode of getting around offshore.
Thanks in advance for any replies! B)

Current Ski: Nelo 550 ML (4 WWR)
Previous Skis: Fenn Spark - carbon, Vajda Hawx elite, Fenn Swordfish - carbon, Fenn Elite - carbon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #13983 by richardh
Hi Glen.
I have seen at least one surf ski off Sanur beach, but when I asked the guys on the beach they said it was a private ski and they didn't know of any hire skis.
Good luck

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #13988 by MuzLath
there's a couple of old Fenn XT's for hire in Sanur. The owner is Wayan. ph 0812 384 1801, but you'll find them if you just walk along the boardwalk. there's also a couple of Epic V10 Sports for hire on Gili T, if you're going that far. The Epics are fairly new.

I'm also interested to hook up with a paddling community in the area, especially anyone who might like to be involved in organising a downwind race. We have some sponsorship in place for a Lembongan Island to Bali event ( mainski-lembongan-resort.com/ ), but looking for a suitable arrival (or departure) point on Bali that suits the prevailing winds, and is enough distance to make it worthwhile.

Between June & September the SE trades blow steady 20-25 knots most afternoons, so there's plenty of downwind possibilities on the west coast of Bali also.

you can email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or phone me in Australia 0411 808 000, or in Indonesia 0821 3939 5192
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by MuzLath. Reason: spelling

More
11 years 5 months ago #14000 by thebigadski
OOOh Yeah!!

Ive always wanted to paddle DW in Bali after surfing there for so long!

More
11 years 4 months ago #14553 by MuzLath
hi Paul who "just landed in Bali with two skis" - my reply to your iPhone email @hkstar.com 'bounced'. please contact me again with alternate contacts. cheers, Muz

More
11 years 4 months ago #14558 by AR_convert
Planning a Bali holiday in July, so very keen to hear if these XT's exist in Sanur, that will help narrow down where we stay.

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #14575 by MuzLath

AR_convert wrote: Planning a Bali holiday in July, so very keen to hear if these XT's exist in Sanur, that will help narrow down where we stay.

not sure what part of "there's a couple of old Fenn XT's for hire in Sanur" you don't understand Brett :whistle: Will catch up at Trigg next Saturday after the West Coast Downwinder & try to explain it more clearly ;)

More
11 years 1 month ago #15758 by oskar_kolmarden
I was in Bali last weekend and I checked out that place at Sanur beach. Word of advice for the next skier going there:

1. Bring your own paddle, the one they had was long and rusty...
2. There are two XT's, but the owner wasn't aware that at least one of them was leaking. Make sure it's fixed.
3. When I called and asked for a surfski they had no idea what I was talking about (you want a jetski?). Apparently the term to use is long surf kayak.
4. Check the wave reports. Sanur can be very flat.

Fleet: Epic V12, Fenn Swordfish, VKV100
The following user(s) said Thank You: AR_convert

More
10 years 7 months ago #18186 by Erhard Katzer
Any further news about surfski paddling in bali? I' m planning to go there in summer 2014. Thanks in advance!

More
10 years 5 months ago #18937 by Mikehadabike
I am also going to Bali also shortly. Any more on hire surf ski availability?

• grasshopper
  • Visitor
7 years 2 weeks ago #28662 by grasshopper
Replied by grasshopper on topic Re: Surfski whilst in Bali (Indonesia)
Heading over to Bali in a week and wondering if anyone has any recent info on surfskis over there.
I've checked out the ones in Sanur but they wouldn't hire them out and they looked a bit worse for wear.
There was a guy started a facebook page, surfski bali, that was apparently in the process of making skis in Bali but there's been no updates for a few years and no reply to friend request.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #28663 by AR_convert
Sorry, cant help, but did the same research while I was there a little while ago and know the site you were talking about.
I'd think that it would be risky there for composites with all the reef. I reckon a fleet of V7's or similar would be ideal for the resorts and hire places as far as something not too bad for keen paddlers to get their fix while being stable enough for the tourist.

Always looking for the next boat :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: grasshopper

• grasshopper
  • Visitor
7 years 2 weeks ago #28671 by grasshopper
Replied by grasshopper on topic Re: Surfski whilst in Bali (Indonesia)
Thanks AR, will look around while there and report back if I find anything

More
3 years 1 month ago #38154 by Monkey House
Hi there, 
New to this site and new to this community. Am based in Padangbai in East Bali. I currently own a single Epic v7. I'd love to get a community going, but not sure there is a demand (even pre-Covid) . 
What would you expect from a surfski outfit?
What rental rates do you see as fair for half day and full day (full gear with ski, paddle, life jacket and leash. Locally retailed for more than 40 million  IDR total)? 
As it stands, I only know of one other guy based on Bali who owns a surfski. Would love to hook up with the mystery Fenn CT owner from Sanur too... 

Latest Forum Topics