MOLOKAI 2023

More
11 years 10 months ago #11633 by Hiro
MOLOKAI 2023 was created by Hiro
Sunday, May, 21st 2023.
Breaking news : 60 years old legend Oscar C. wins the Kaiwi channel surfski crossing for the 20 th time ! Sets new record of 3h02'55", 15 minutes ahead of the first double ski, 20 minutes ahead of the second single ski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11634 by STEWART
Replied by STEWART on topic Re: MOLOKAI 2023
All eyes will be on next years race, will the 'Big O' finally beat three hours!!??

More
11 years 10 months ago #11636 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: MOLOKAI 2023
I'd love to crawl inside his head and see if success has made him hungrier to maybe continue racing or if he has simply ticked off one more box and can now sit on his laurels.

Anyone with an insight into how paddling and especially events like Molokai fit in with his current life position?

Rob? I see a chance for a great article here.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

• patrickswitz
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #11646 by patrickswitz
Replied by patrickswitz on topic Re: MOLOKAI 2023
I don't know about crawling inside Oscar's head, but if you crawled inside his pants I suspect you'd be impressed. My girlfriend was next to him during the prayer circle on the beach in Molokai, and when she bent over to pick something up (sounds fishy to me) she was eye level with his crotch. At the after-party the girls wouldn't stop musing about the correlation between race performance and genital size. Maybe if I buy some Epic shorts and sport a well-groomed camel toe I'll shave some time off my finish...

More
11 years 10 months ago #11738 by AGA
Replied by AGA on topic Re: MOLOKAI 2023
In a nutshell you’ve got to have good equipment when surfskiing, I suppose?

And on this point I was interested to read that Oscar changed his paddle length several times mid race. The benefits he sees from the length adjustment must outweigh any downtime when making the change.

I know from experience the old length lock paddle was difficult and time consuming to change on water, so it sounds like the updated version with the lever-driven lock must accomodate a much faster change.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12204 by sylv1
Replied by sylv1 on topic Re: MOLOKAI 2023
Hi Aga,
I confirm that, it's very easy to change the paddle length and angle on the water with the Length-Lock.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12205 by Ric
Replied by Ric on topic Re: MOLOKAI 2023
Spoke to one of our ex-champs and they said it can be done while sitting on a wave, riding it!?

No time lost at all... I guess if you got it, you got it.

Latest Forum Topics