Amazing customer service

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10772 by arminius
I bought a Garmin 310XT two years ago and it did an amazing job of confirming how slow I am until I dropped it and cracked the screen while hanging it up to dry after a paddle. I contacted Garmin to find out what the cost would be to repair and Garmin replied that they would replace it for free!

Well done to Garmin - they had no obligation to do this as it was out of warranty and my fault yet they still helped.

Another perfect day in paradise. A bit of sun, a bit of rain and it's not even lunch time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10781 by Rightarmbad
I did the same, but bought a new one until I find a service agent as I find it quite indispensable.
Time for a phone call......

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10783 by richards
I have had similar service from Garmin. I bought a new forerunner 101 years ago whilst in the UK, it packed up just inside the warranty period and was repalced free of charge. That unit was used for paddling for around 4 years before the terminals finally corroded through. As I had moved to Australia I contacted Garmin Aus, who advised they could not repair it but offered an exchange unit with 90 day warranty for AUS$69 including P&P. Great commitment to their international product support and amazing customer service.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10785 by [email protected]
Also can tell similar stories both with units supplied inside South Africa and brought in from outside (either swapped under warranty via the UK or replaced with new/reconditioned units at minimal cost from the UK).

Our importer here doesn't support "grey" ie imported units, but they they offer awesome support for the units they sell, and they also do plenty of sponsorships.

Great company, great product. The 310 XT seems to be almost bullet proof (although I did manage to destroy one by not noticing it fall out of my pocket and under the wheel of the car that was parked next to me... aaargh. That one was replaced at a discount.)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10786 by philcox
My 310XT was a "grey" import as Robin calls it but when mine packed up outside of the warranty period Garmin replaced it with a new one and my only cost was the courier fees to get it to me within 7 working days!

awesome service!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10787 by Rookie
Replied by Rookie on topic Re: Amazing customer service
Hi i won the 305 as a luck draw in a race which I love and is still going strong after nearly 5 years of running mountain biking and paddling. But bought my wife and I a competitors HRM as part of a medical aid rewards policy. After 6 months they are both sitting in a draw somewhere in the house - never again. :S

Focus, Apex 2, Zeplin

Latest Forum Topics